I'm just sayin'...

Periodic attempts at humor and other observations. Sometimes I might digress into political rants and health related discussions/commentary.

Friday, November 20, 2009


Thanksgiving came early.

I saw something today that was heartwarming but odd.  Odd in the sense that it was impulsive.  Here is what I saw.

At the exit from 35N onto Admiral Blvd, there are often homeless folks with their hands out.  Not a threatening sight.  See them often, but not everyday.  Today, there was a black Toyota Echo stopped at the red light, the homeless guy moves over to the car and out of the window comes a brown cord jacket that the driver of the car obviously offered up.  The homeless guy appeared thankful and placed the coat over his shoulders.  He was grateful.  It was nice.  Good feelings all around.

I had questions... did the driver of the car premeditate this tranaction or was he simply trapped in the moment of guilt seeing this weathered old homeless guy and at that very moment decide to give up his coat?  Either way, it was a nice thing to do.  Everyone can agree.

Here is where it gets strange for me.  I was slightly jealous.  Is that ok?  I liked the jacket.  The Jacket look liked something I have been looking to buy (or beg my wife to get me).  I have been looking for a new coat/jacket for some time and looking for something a bit more blue collar (no trenchcoat, no leather, nothing Don Draper-y etc).  I could have used that jacket.  I want that jacket.  As I drove past, I envied his good fortune (homelessness aside).  That lucky bastard!

I digress.  I got over it.  It was a good moment on a friday.  Just sharing. 

If you drive 35N and hit the Admiral exit in the mornings, look for the homeless guy wearing the brown jacket I want.  Honey, if you are looking for a gift idea, check him out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home