I'm just sayin'...

Periodic attempts at humor and other observations. Sometimes I might digress into political rants and health related discussions/commentary.

Thursday, November 12, 2009

Allow me to preface this by saying I have not fully thought this through and my theory is pretty high level.

Question:  Why is the Taliban resurging now starting about a year ago (mid 2008 to now november 2009)?

Context: The Taliban is made up of basically Afghan Taliban that once "governed" the country and also people from the Pakistan mountain region.  There are also former Taliban that melded back into Afghan society after the 2001 military action who escaped attacks etc.

If thinking like a leader/strategy person within the Taliban, what is my strategy?  I might be thinking to begin to fight the NATO (Western) forces led by American commanders now that there is a new president who is "soft on defense".  I could score some military victories and win back my people.  The Western forces will be reluctant and under allocated with the new President.

Is this a valid theory?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home